- Focal commercial block in downtown Penacook
- Three-story building with arcade storefront level separated by brick piers and cast iron columns with rope turning and Corinthian capitals
- Display windows faithful to the original proportions
- Second and third floor windows arched; original sashes
- Finished brick cornice with double row o
- f dentils around three primary elevations
- Applied lettering with name and date of building
- Coca Cola advertisement painted on north wall
Erected by prominent local businessmen in 1870 on the site of the John Sawyer House which was moved to the rear.
First floor used for variety of shops over time including Homes, Evans and Gale hardware dealers, John C. Linehan dry goods, drug store, and grocery shops.
Fraternal organizations used the upstairs meeting hall including Odd Fellows and Masons.
The basement was used as a meat market by Daniel Smith.