PVA Home Board Meeting: July 11, 2017
    Home Page Contact Us  
Calendar of Events
Past, Present, Future
Schools
Libraries

Penacook Village Association
Board of Directors
July 11, 2017, 6:00 pm
378 Village Street
Penacook, NH 03303

Minutes

Word Version

Attendees:  Al Brack, Kathy Bush, Teri Maxwell, Deb Newell, Lynne Raleigh, Brent Todd

Gazebo Updates

  • Matt McKerley: discounted bid for patio bricklaying $2800.  Matt is ready when bricks arrive.
  • Bricks are ordered and shipping date is July 25.
  • Ribbon cutting should be held when the patio is completed.  Invite city staff, councilors, contributors.

Farmers Market 2017

  • PVA contribution
  • Relocated to 95-97 Village Street.  Continues to be Mondays from 4:00 to 6:30 pm.  Scheduled for June 5 to August 28 (July 3 closed for 4th of July weekend).
  • Better customer traffic.
  • Volunteers needed.

Flower Barrels

  • 21 barrels sold and installed in the village July 6.
  • Thank you to Ed Bush for “selling” barrels and keeping tabs on an installation date.
  • Dave Murray replaced 3 barrels at a cost of $40 each.

Banners

  • Brent is exploring hardware installation so additional banners can be offered

Treasurer’s Report

  • Teri Maxwell is resigning as Treasurer as of August 31.
  • Teri will be providing final financial reports by that date.
  • Teri will be providing a list of treasurer’s duties.
  • It was suggested that membership activities be separated from treasurer’s duties.

Miscellaneous

  • Still looking for an accessible location for physical files to be stored.
  • Matt St Onge is taking care of Twin Bridges Park.
  • Maintenance of Poulin Park and Boudreau Square.  Adopt-a-Spot.  Bob Gabrielli, Dave Duhamel, Bonnie Sargent.
  • Matt St Onge inquired about removing stumps by Sanders Street.  This needs to be coordinated with the City Engineer.

Follow-Up

Excerpts From Brent Todd email:
I spoke to Tom Aspell this morning re: banner hardware. He asked whether we could provide a map of the poles where we would like to add hardware, and an inventory of what's missing.  This could then be passed to Ed Roberge, who would confirm on the load bearing for the poles and specifics of the hardware needed.

The PVA could then request preference as to whether it wanted a gift grant from the City to buy/install hardware or let the City pay for the hardware directly, as funds become available, and let them install it. There could also be an in-between option where the City could buy/install the hardware and provide "license" for the PVA to use it

[No commitment on] timing for funding

From Brent Todd email:
Al and I both spoke with Rick Jaques regarding the PVA potentially using the PHS Rolfe facility for storage.  Rick stated the PHS position is they do not want the responsibility of confidential tax records and other paperwork that does not belong to the Historical society. Even though they have an office with an alarm system, they don't keep PHS records there until they are archived.  If we want them to reconsider, my best guess is we need to provide more information regarding the nature of the materials to be stored (tax records, paper duplicates or only copies), and an accurate description of how much there is (i.e., three banker's boxes worth, etc.).  As an aside, they don't mind storing our PA system in the pantry, probably because it could be (and has been) available for other users to borrow.  As to additional help for the Farmers Market, Rick will announce at upcoming PCC/PHS board meetings that, beyond the monetary contributions of those organizations, physically assisting is a community service activity thought of to help the people of Penacook.

 

To involve citizens in enhancing the quality of life, protecting the historic character, and fostering economic vitality in Penacook Village.
To contact the Association, please use the Contact Us button Contact Us found on every page.