Penacook Village Association
Board of Directors
February 1, 2017, at 6:00 pm
Rolfe House, 11 Penacook Street, Penacook, NH 03303
Attendees: Kathy Bush, Teri Maxwell, Lynne Raleigh
Email Responses: Steve Shurtleff, Brent Todd
Friends of Poulin Park Gazebo Updates
- The invoice from Joe Spain will have to be paid from both the gazebo fund and the PVA account. Brent Todd’s email, in part, stated: “…in favor of, and make a motion/vote yes to the PVA making payment to J Spain now and then reimbursing the PVA fund at a later time as necessary.” The meeting attendees agreed and Joe will be paid this week.
- Teri reviewed the gazebo fund financial position. Once the Spain invoice is paid, very little will be left in the gazebo fund. Bricks, for which donations have already be received, will be the priority. If any funds remain in the gazebo fund after bricks are ordered and installed, discussion can be resumed about benches and landscaping. Outside groups could step up if they want to see the gazebo enhanced with benches and landscaping if funds are not available in the gazebo fund.
- Adopt-A-Spot for Poulin Park remains unresolved. PVA is not in a position to take this on at this time for financial and manpower reasons. Kathy will be reaching out to other possible volunteers.
Farmers Market 2017
There is a possibility that another organization will take on the sponsorship and operation of the market. Awaiting information from that group.
- 2016 invoice paid.
- Discussion of who will oversee the marketing and installation for barrels for 2017 started. Yet to be resolved.
Annual Meeting Brunch, 8:30-11am, Sat. Feb. 18th
- Nominations and Elections
- Two people responded to announcements about joining the board and volunteered to have their names put forward at the meeting.
- Only members who have paid 2017 dues can vote at the meeting. Teri will provide an updated membership list and forms will be available for new membership and renewal payments at-the start of the meeting.
Considering meeting again before 2/18 on bricks, banners, Farmers Market, and membership in preparation for the Annual meeting.