Penacook Village Association
Board of Directors
June 28, 2016
Rolfe House, 11 Penacook Street
Penacook, NH 03303
- Farmers Market Rack Cards and Flyers
- Initial flyer distribution:
- Completed; sent home via elementary school students
- Motion to pay $95 for flyers approved
- Rack card distribution:
- Issue: cost via USPS direct mail or printer’s mailing service
- Kathy presented printer’s mailing service costs
- Al will investigate USPS costs
- Kathy requested volunteers sign up as greeters for the Farmers Market
- Flower Barrels:
- 20 sold; 19 accounted for on Village streets
- Kathy to follow up with Dave Murray
- Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Renewal and value of membership discussed
- Motion to pay $174 dues approved
- Al investigating liability and directors and officers insurance costs
- Treasurer’s Report unavailable. No 2016 budget has been developed.
- Poulin Park and roundabout issues
- Brick orders and Adopt-a-Spot not discussed
- Irrigation system for all parts of the village center in place; not yet hooked up.
- Dave Murray donated plants for center; Bob Gabrielli has been taking care of the area.
- 18 banners ready; 4 new requests received
- Need to implement process since there are more requests than poles
- No agreement in place for original purchases
- Yearly rehanging fee; waiting list fee; one banner per organization or business
- Steve, Brent and Al will assume control of banner project
- Dissolution: Consider an unfounded rumor
- Future meetings
- Reduce to one hour; reduce frequency (6-8 annually)
- Focus meeting on one topic with speaker(s)
- Hosted by some subset of members who will arrange speaker and venue and organize session
- Board will set direction/topics. Reserve administrative/business discussions for PVA Board meetings.
- Brochure revisited.
- Lynne offered to work on available text and photos
- Board Members: September 18, 2016, at 6 pm at the Rolfe House
- General Membership: September 10, 2016, at 9 am at the Rolfe House