Penacook Village Association
July 22, 2013
Rolfe House, 11 Penacook Street
Board of Directors Meeting
Attendance: Steve Shurtleff, Teri Maxwell, Kathy Bush, Brent Todd, Ralph Harwood, Mike Cotton, Ray Miner, Lynne Raleigh
Financial Summary: As of June 30, 2013: $20,776.20
Chapin Concert Review:
- Teri provided the final financial information for the concert
Sponsorship, ads, donations $2583.00
PVA Out of Pocket $3636.23
- Participation was less than anticipated (approximately 180 in attendance) but PVA has learned from the experience of planning and completing a major event.
- Weather has been problematic; attendance down 50% like most other markets
- Relocation may be needed. Possible sites need to be identified.
- Vendor shortage: Need to increase farmers/vendors and attract crafters.
- Increase advertising/marketing for 2013. Direct mailing to go out before August 12 market.
- Determine interest in community. Try exit surveys.
- Value of market: Community building
Motion: Accept the $2300 budget for the 2013 Farmers Market. Approved.
- $880 was billed/$40 per barrel. Arrangements for the barrels was completed by Dave Murray and Dave Newell from the American Legion.
- A “Thank You” will be sent to Dave Murray at the end of the season.
- Appreciation for 2013 efforts
- Uncertainty of 2014 season because of Rt 3 construction; resume barrel program in 2015 when construction is completed. PVA would like to facilitate plantings but can’t determine need until City designs known.
Rt 3 Construction
- Need for communication about any disruptions and support for Village businesses.
Board Members: responsibilities and terms
- The vacancy on the Board will not be filled immediately. The requirement of at least 5/not more than 9 is satisfied with the current 8 members.
- Nominees need to be identified so that a slate can be presented to the general membership.
Motion: Accept Brian Adams’ resignation from Board. Approved.
Designated Funds: A list of suggested projects for which funds should be reserved
- Farmers Market
- Hospitality Expenses
- Moving Penacook Library
- Village Beautification
- Special Advertising for Rt 3 disruption
- No Board meeting date was determined
- Next general meeting: September, 14 at 9 am at the Rolfe House