Penacook Village Association
August 21, 2012
11 Penacook Street
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Brent Todd, Steve Shurtleff, Ray Miner, Teri Maxwell, Kathy Bush, Mike Cotton, Ralph Harwood, Lynne Raleigh
- Attendance is up from last year; the clientele has changed over the three years. Vendors are satisfied with attendance and are likely to return.
- In preparation for 2013, Mike will meet with vendors to identify changes and improvements. Mike is looking for more vendors who carry different products.
- After Labor Day another small ad will be run so that people are aware that the market continues into fall.
- Mike is checking into an EBT reader. Payment goes to the PVA account; PVA pays vendors after taking a 2.5% charge.
- Kathy and Teri will check on entertainment. Additional sources of free entertainment are needed.
- Mike will act as market manager for 2013.
- A Kids Corner with arts and crafts distractions was suggested.
Make A Difference Day 2012
- A master plan is needed for the full length of the hill.
- For 2012
- Clear and plant the small areas at each end owned by the City.
- Seek donations from Lowes and Home Depot for plantings.
- Use the 2020 grant money if donations aren’t sufficient.
- Address erosion concerns in the design plan.
- Bonney residents were amenable to changes last year. Teri will email a copy of last year’s Hold Harmless form to Kathy and Mike for review. A simple format like the top of Kathy’s sample forms but with a simple statement about beautification was suggested.
- Motion: Clear parcels #1 and #10 and use these areas to test plantings. Clean up the full length only along the edge of the wall. Passed.
- Refreshments will include coffee, beverages, baked goods, snacks.
- Teri will register with the national Make a Difference.
- Signage needs to be addressed.
Event Proposal Form
- Motion: Put revised form into use. Passed.
Tom Chapin Concert
- The NH State Council on the Arts Grant proposal for $3000 has been submitted and a response is expected after October 12.
- The seating capacity at the high school is 525.
- A sponsor list is being developed. Volunteers are need to approach these sponsor organizations. A handout needs to be prepared to give to sponsor prospects during a face-to-face ‘ask’
- Define the audience to be served by the event. Who will benefit.
- Include options for listings in the event program and other advertising options
- Website recognition
- Determine ad costs
- Ray and Kathy will meet and draw up a proposal for the above so that sponsorship can be discussed during the September meeting.
PVA Physical Address
- Mike with discuss using space owned by the Penacook Pharmacy for a file cabinet and other storage needs.
- Revisions were suggested and Brent will incorporate these changes in a Word document to be provided to Mike.
- Mike will have a final version ready for the September member meeting.
- Lynne will confirm or create email@example.com as the contact address.
- Volunteer hour tracking has value in grant writing.
- Members will be encouraged to track their hours and report them monthly on PVA sign up forms.
- Five months after billing dues, send final notice.
- Cancel membership if dues unpaid on last day of final notice month.
- If membership not renewed, the name will be removed from the finance list.
- Names and addresses will not be removed from the email/notice list for non-renewal.
- The Board members will act as the nomination committee to identify new board members.
- Officers are elected by Board members.
The following dates will be added to the calendar:
- September 8 (monthly member)
- October 13 (monthly member)
- October 27 (Make a Difference Day)
- November 3 (monthly member)
- November 28 - tentative (Tree Lighting)
- June 21, 2013 (Tom Chapin Band Concert)