Penacook Village Association Meeting
December 12, 2015
11 Penacook Street
Meeting called to order at 9:00am
- Board member Brent Todd welcomed all 15 meeting attendees and informed that he would chair the meeting in President Kathy Bush’s absence.
- Brent Todd announced two upcoming PVA events:
- The “Christmas Celebrations Through Time” slide show, prepared by former PVA Vice President Ralph Harwood, will be presented in his memory on Monday December 14, 2015, at 6:30 PM in the Boscawen Municipal Building (former Penacook Academy) in the 4th floor meeting room. The event is free, but voluntary donations will be accepted to support Ralph’s wish to have published his history of Penacook. Refreshments will be served.
- The PVA’s Annual Meeting is scheduled for January 9, 2016. Meeting location, guests, and other specifics will be announced.
- Brent Todd welcomed the PVA’s special guests, Concord Police Officers Charles Wroblewski and Brian Cook, to speak about crime and crime prevention in Penacook as part of the Concord Police Department’s ongoing public outreach program “Coffee With A Cop.” Officer Wroblewski has been with the Concord Police Department for seven years, and Officer Cook 15 years. Officer Cook serves on the Penacook day shift.
- The Officers handed attendees an information sheet (attached to this agenda). They indicated they were prepared to speak regarding crime issues with Penacook businesses as asked, but considering no attendees represented any businesses, they modified their discussion points.
- The Officers discussed best conduct by witnesses to a robbery.
- The Officers discussed the three reported robberies in Penacook in 2015.
- The Officers noted the resource Crimeline, 226-3100, and urged people to utilize the service to provide information.
- The Officers discussed drug problems, and overdoses. They stated that if anyone discovers evidence of drug usage (used hypodermic needles), those materials can be disposed of by the Police Department if a call is placed notifying them of the location.
- Several questions on robberies, burglaries, home safety, gun use, and the Police Dog program ensued.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 9:55 AM.
Brent Todd, PVA Board Member