Penacook Village Association Meeting
February 11, 2012
11 Penacook Street
Attendance: Marge Goldman, Mike Cotton, Dianna Leary, Warren Leary, Deitz Heins, Ed Bush, Kathy Bush, Marguerite Moffett, Ralph Harwood, Rick Jaques, Carol Walter-Bernier, Steve Shurtleff, Adam Czarkowski, Pat Arbor, Lois Bradley, Lynne Raleigh, Teri Maxwell
Treasurer’s Report: Balance $22,426.79
Business and Events Committee
The 3x8 banner has been ordered and should be delivered in two weeks.
Effort to involve businesses more
- $25 - web listing with business logo
- $50 (1-10 employees) - web listing with business logo, banner board, membership cards for employees offering discounts
- $150 (11-50 employees)
- $250 (51+ employees)
Peter and Mike will contact businesses.
Brochure: Reviewing to reduce text and redesign as a 3-panel brochure reducing the cost considerably.
Considering a Battle of Bands in April. Mike Cotton will contact PCC as venue.
Magic Lantern Show: Will try to schedule October 26 with a Halloween theme. Venue: MVHS auditorium. Admission with PVA sponsorship and other possible sponsors. Bake sale. Purpose to increase name recognition and attract new people to PVA.
Grant Proposal Design: Make A Difference Day Hill
A grant proposal will be drawn up to submit to the City for stump and boulder removal on the MADD Hill along Village Street between Bonney and Bonney St. This would be the first step in the beautification of this entry point to the village.
- Farmers Market
- Email has been sent to farmers and additional vendors are being sought.
- Mondays from 4:30 - 6:30
- Develop 3x8 card for publicity
- Advertising budget: $750 approved for Concord Monitor ads, flyers and mailing
- Tote bag pricing and style issues will be researched.
Next meeting: Rt. 3 Corridor Design Charrette
March 10, 9 AM, United Church of Penacook