Penacook Village Association Meeting
November 19, 2011
11 Penacook Street
Attendance: Dottie Dodge, Peter Dodge, Jennifer Kretovic, Marge Goldman, Sumner Goldman, Kathy Bush, Ed Bush, Lee Colby, Alice Colby, Mike Cotton, Steve Shurtleff, Adam Czarkowski, Ray Miner, Paula Miner, Ralph Harwood, Carol Walter-Bernier, Lois Bradley, Lynne Raleigh
Jennifer Kretovic presented PVA with a check for $21,000, exceeding PVA’s wish list request of $16,000. Once Concord 2020 is dissolved, any money remaining in their treasury will be offered to PVA. Concord 2020 was instrumental in PVA’s formation and fortunately we will still have both Jennifer and Brent Todd as contributing members of our Association.
Review of Make a Difference Day
- Teri Maxwell extended thanks to all who volunteered their time and energy, donated gifts and supplies, or facilitated this effort. A list of volunteers and contributors is available on penacook.org.
- A thank you letter has been sent to the City Council.
- Several donated gifts are still available. During the tree lighting on November 30, a drawing will be held for three of the gifts for the Penacook Elementary School participants. A drawing for the remaining gifts will be held for participants at the annual meeting in January.
- In the spring, additional work will be completed including stump removal and brush control.
- Kathy Bush congratulated all on the community collaboration amongst the PVA, the City of Concord, local businesses, and 45 volunteers.
The tree lighting is scheduled for November 30 at 6:00 pm.
- The City should be setting up the tree on Monday, November 27. New lights are being purchased by PVA. Teri Maxwell will submit a check via Steve Shurtleff.
- • The Penacook Elementary School chorus will be perform.
- Zachary Blanchard is arranging the sound system. Kathy Bush will contact Zach.
- Liz Blanchard will MC the event.
- The refreshment table will be positioned along the sidewalk next to the Penacook Physician’s building. Cookies and cocoa will be served.
- Street closure has been arranged by Steve Shurtleff and barricades will be available. Steve will check to see if signs to slow traffic can be place on Village Street.
- PVA members are asked to volunteer to help as needed during the event.
- Santa has volunteered to show up and will arrive via a fire truck.
- The annual meeting will be held January 14, 2012. Lynne Raleigh will check the availability of the Hall at United Church of Penacook.
- Matt Walsh will be speaking about the clean up at the Tannery site.
- Election for one to three board members will be held.
- During the December meeting we will discuss any possible bylaw changes to be voted on in January.
Treasurer’s Report: Current balance is $1,447.59
Official Non-Profit Status
A letter has been received approving PVA as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. Kathy Bush and Teri Maxwell should be congratulated on their hard work and many hours making this happen.
It has been suggested that a Finance Committee be formed. Ray Miner has been asked to draw up a list of suggested responsibilities so that the committee can be better defined before asking for volunteers.
- This committee will be chaired by Mike Cotton and will meet the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm. Mike Cotton has been asked to arrange use of the Rolfe House and address financial arrangements for the use of the building.
- The Farmers Market vendor policy will be developed by this committee before the next season begins.
- A winter farmers market will be investigated by this committee.
Steve Shurtleff will contact Ed Roberge about a presentation for the February meeting.
Suggestions for speakers at future meetings can be submitted to Kathy Bush.
Time: 9:00 - 10:30 am