Attendance: Ralph Harwood, Kathy Bush, Ed Bush, Teri Maxwell, Alice Colby, Donna Marston, Mike Cotton, Warren Leary, Dianna Leary, Marge Goldman, Lois Bradley, Lynne Raleigh.
Minutes for September 11, 2010 were approved.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer reported a balance of $1,451.06 at the close of September and the report was approved. Discussion about several line items included:
- Fees have been earmarked for reports and applications due in the next few months.
- Membership Fees
- Individuals will continue at the $5 level.
- Businesses will be increased to $25.
Grants are being sought to cover start up costs for next year.
- Distribution should include local businesses and the elementary school.
- Professional Reprints would be costly and need fundraising effort or grants.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Tree Lighting is scheduled for November 29 th at 6:00 pm. Teri Maxwell will check with the railroad club about a window display. The Penacook Elementary School chorus will sing.
- Mike Cotton has been nominated for the 2010 Citizen of the Year.
- Letter of Support for Brownfields Grant Application was requested by and provided to Matt Walsh.
- Mike Cotton shared a prototype of a PVA logo. Revisions were suggested and Mike will revise the logo and email changes for comment.
- Facebook will be explored along with other social media to reach younger groups in Penacook.
- Teri Maxwell and Kathy Bush are working on Form 1023 Application for 501(c)3 tax exemption.
- Event Committee: Donna Marston added.
Meetings: November 13 (Veterans Day Weekend)
Tree Lighting in the Square: Monday, November 29 at 6:00 PM
Elementary School Chorus, Train Club display, Penacook Branch Library