PVA Home  Meeting Notes June 13 , 2009
    Home Page Contact Us  
Calendar of Events
Past, Present, Future
Schools
Libraries

Penacook Village Association Meeting
June 13, 2009
9:00 a.m.
Rolfe House
11 Penacook Street
Penacook, NH

MEETING MINUTES

Attendees: Lynne Raleigh, Ralph Harwood, Terri Culjat, Marge Goldman, Ed Bush, Kathy Bush, Steve Shurtleff, Mike Cotton of Merrimack Valley Voice, Brent Todd of Concord 20/20, Jennifer Kretovic of Concord 20/20

1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS:
Brent Todd welcomed the group and congratulated Mike Cotton on the launch of the Merrimack Valley Voice.

2. TASK FORCE ASSIGNMENTS:

a) ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE:
Kathy presented the official State Certificate for Penacook Village Association. She and Jennifer will work on setting up a bank account at Citizens Bank.

b) ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
The initial Board of Officers requires 4 people based on the By Laws. Several people are considering possible positions as board members. Because many regular attendees were absent from the meeting, the election of officers will be TABLED until the July meeting.

c) MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE:

  • BROCHURE: Ralph has taken many photos around the village. He also found some historic photographic plates at the Boscawen Town Library, which can be scanned and saved as a digital file for use in the brochure. He will continue this effort
  • In an effort to grow the participants in the PVA, Jennifer will create a flyer for the organization. Ralph will help distribute to the local libraries. We can also distribute at the Never’s Band Concert coming in July. Mike offered to print 200 copies for the group. Jennifer will email draft versions for input.
  • WEBSITE: Lynne is always looking for more events to include the calendar otherwise; the website is up-to-date.

3. TANNERY UPDATE: None.

4. CERT: Chief Andrus reported responses for participation in several other programs are also low. Jennifer and Chief Andrus will resume recruitment efforts and new ideas for drumming up participation after the City budget obligations conclude.

5. FLOWER BARRELS: Peter Dodge was unable to attend although it was reported that the Flower Barrel sponsorship are going well. Jennifer and Kathy will deposit funds into the PVA account, when collected from Peter.

6. FARMER’S MARKET: Jennifer received an email from John Jordan with contact info for the Concord Famer’s Market. She also sent an email to the contact and is awaiting a response. John had written that the group is just starting to investigate other nights and towns to hold Farmer’s Markets in, so the timing is good for Penacook.

7. UPDATE ON PAST EVENTS/UPCOMING EVENTS:
Ralph presented the final opportunity for residents/interested persons to weigh in on the City Budget with regard to Penacook Branch Library. The date is Monday, June 22nd at 7:00PM

8. OTHER BUSINESS:
VILLAGE BEAUTIFICATION: It was reported the American Legion will not be holding a spring clean up. It was also asked if there will still be opportunities to adopt-a-spot, even though Groundwork Concord will dissolve. Jennifer will follow up with Groundwork Concord. Ed Bush volunteered to take care of the cleaning up the area surrounding the Village signs.

Meeting adjourned at 11:45 a.m.

Next Meeting will be July 11th at 9:00 AM

The August Meeting is tentative for the 8th

Back to Meeting Notes and Bulletins
To Top 
To involve citizens in enhancing the quality of life, protecting the historic character, and fostering economic vitality in Penacook Village.
To contact the Association, please use the Contact Us button Contact Us found on every page.