PVA Home  Meeting Notes April 18 , 2009
    Home Page Contact Us  
Calendar of Events
Past, Present, Future
Schools
Libraries
Penacook Village Association Meeting
April 18, 2009
9:00 a.m.
Rolfe House
11 Penacook Street
Penacook, NH

Attendees: Steve Shurtleff, Lynne Raleigh, Ralph Harwood, Joshua Grover, Melody Grover, Mark Grover, Teri Maxwell, Alice Colby, Peter Dodge, Liz Blanchard, Brent Todd of Concord 20/20, Jennifer Kretovic of Concord 20/20

Guests: David Murray, Murray Farm Greenhouse

  1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS:
    Brent Todd of Concord 20/20 welcomed the group.
  2. GUEST SPEAKER: David Murray of Murray Farm Greenhouse in Penacook spoke to the attendees about ways to beautify the neighborhoods in Penacook through home gardening. Dave stressed the importance of creating gardens you can manage and how even a small patch of gardening at your home can spread to the neighbors around you. Because Dave’s talk was so interesting, Penacook Village Association planned a follow up event at Murray Farms for May 7th at 7:00PM. Teri Maxwell will follow up with information to the Monitor. Ralph will create some posters to display at the Library (Penacook & Boscawen) and the Pharmacy. Jennifer and Lynne will coordinate email and phone registrations. Murray’s can accommodate up to 30 people comfortably.
  3. TANNERY UPDATE: Jennifer relayed an update from Matt Walsh with the City of Concord. Efforts to find a potential developer at the Tannery Site continue.
  4. TASK FORCE ASSIGNMENTS:
    a) ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE: Updated copies of the Draft By-laws were available for everyone. The group felt it was most important to have input from several of the regular attendees. All will review the changes and we will discuss further at the next meeting.
    b) MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE:
    • BROCHURE: Ralph Harwood is working on the photography portion of the project. Our plan is to have Ralph take he photos with his 35mm camera, have the photos processed at Concord Camera. The plan is for Concord Camera to create a CD of the photos (for use in the brochure) and prints will be made for the group to review.
    • WEBSITE: Lynne is always looking for more events to include the calendar otherwise; the website is up-to-date.
  5. UPCOMING EVENTS:
    • Peter Dodge presented upcoming events at the Legion. They include the Annual Fishing Derby on May 9th and a Pancake Breakfast. The breakfast is a fundraising event to support the derby. The breakfast will be April 26th.
    • The Annual Book Sale will be April 25th at the Penacook Library, 2nd floor.
  6. OTHER BUSINESS:
    • CERT Program has about 3 people interested. Peter will pass the information along to the Legion to see if others would like to join in.
    • Brent Todd will look to have either Central NH Regional Planning Commission follow up with their Neighborhood Revitalization Project at the May meeting. Another option is for Jeffrey Taylor to speak in regards to Zoning.
Meeting adjourned at 11:30 a.m.

Next Meeting will be May 16th at 9:00 AM
The June Meeting is tentative for June 13th

Back to Meeting Notes and Bulletins
To Top 
To involve citizens in enhancing the quality of life, protecting the historic character, and fostering economic vitality in Penacook Village.
To contact the Association, please use the Contact Us button Contact Us found on every page.