PVA Home  Meeting Notes December 12, 2008
    Home Page Contact Us  
Calendar of Events
Past, Present, Future
Penacook Village Association Meeting
December 13, 2008
9:00 a.m.
Rolfe House
11 Penacook Street
Penacook, NH

Attendees: Marge Goldman, Sumner Goldman, Phil Latvis, Terri Culjat, Lynne Raleigh, Ed Bush, Kathy Bush, Ralph Harwood, Lois Bradley, Brent Todd of Concord 20/20, Jennifer Kretovic of Concord 20/20, Doris Ballard of Your Concord TV

  1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS: Brent Todd of Concord 20/20 welcomed the group.

  2. GUEST SPEAKER: Doris Ballard of Your Concord TV spoke to the group about how Community Access Television is a free community resource. Doris offered many options for the PVA to promote their message and events to the community. Lynne will follow up by creating a Power Point message of the meetings / events to run on Channel 22. Since Concord 20/20 is already on the List Serve for Concord TV, Jennifer will forward the monthly newsletter to the group.

    a) ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE: Kathy Bush presented the draft Articles Of Agreement as written by PVA Attorney Steven Whitley. There were four specific areas of discussion:
    • Article 2, paragraph 2. This Article is written in very broad terms. From the legal stand point, it is rare that an organization would change or amend the Articles of Agreement and so, they are written in such a manner as to include everything and exclude nothing in regards to the direction of the organization. Specific functions of the organization will be outlined in the By Laws, which are often amended.
    • Article 2 paragraph 3. This paragraph was added by Kathy in order to formalize the organization’s intention to speak before City Council on matters pertaining to Penacook. For clarification, the Penacook Village Association as an organization seeking 501(c)3 Tax Exemption Status with the IRS, and therefore does not have the authority to lobby politically for any issue or candidate.
    • Article 5, paragraph 1. The address at which the business is to be carried. Address is defined as the location mail is received. After discussion, Sumner will investigate the cost and other details pertaining to getting a Post Office Box. Phil Latvis offered to be the contact person and have his office as the physical location if needed. Final details of this Article will be discussed at the January meeting.
    • Members/Founding Members. According to NH State Law, a minimum of five (5) people must act as the founding members who sign and authorize the Articles of Agreement. Due to the timing of the meeting, many regular attendees were absent and so the group decided to table official acceptance of founding members until the January meeting. In the interim, Jennifer will email the Articles of Agreement to the full group for further consideration and input, and advise every one of the two upcoming meeting dates. In January, the group will approve the Articles and founding members will sign the document. In February, the group will approve the By Laws of the Organization. Founding Members to date include: Kathy Bush, Lynne Raleigh and Phil Latvis. Steve Shurtleff, who was not present at the meeting, also expressed interest in volunteering to be a founding member.


    BROCHURE: Sumner Goldman and Ralph Harwood will work on the revisions needed for the History section.

4. UPCOMING EVENTS: None presented.

The February meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 14th. Jennifer will email everyone for input if they would like to reschedule to the 21st.

The next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at Rolfe House. Meeting adjourned at 11:30 a.m.

Back to Meeting Notes and Bulletins
To Top 
To involve citizens in enhancing the quality of life, protecting the historic character, and fostering economic vitality in Penacook Village.
To contact the Association, please use the Contact Us button Contact Us found on every page.