PVA Home  Meeting Notes November 15, 2008
    Home Page Contact Us  
Calendar of Events
Past, Present, Future
Schools
Libraries
Penacook Village Association Meeting
November 15, 2008
9:00 a.m.
Rolfe House
11 Penacook Street
Penacook, NH

Attendees: Lynne Raleigh, Kathy Bush, Ed Bush, Ralph Harwood, Peter Dodge, Ray Gordon, Terri Culjat, Marge Goldman, Sumner Goldman, Phil Latvis, Brent Todd of Concord 20/20, Jennifer Kretovic of Concord 20/20, Nik Coates of CNHRPC, Matt Monahan of CNHRPC and Matt Walsh with the City of Concord

1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS:

Brent Todd of Concord 20/20 welcomed the group.

2. TANNERY UPDATE: Matt Walsh informed the group of discussion with the City Council in regards to the sole proposal received for the Tannery Redevelopment. The project encompassed mixed uses as requested by the city. It combined low and market rate housing, 20,000 sq. ft. retail space, and a day care center. The proposal did not utilize 4 Crescent Street and included impact fee waiver and substantial site work with expenses to be covered by the City. Council felt with the $2.4 million already invested in this project, they would better serve the citizens by rejecting the proposal.

Matt was hoping the group would clarify the type of housing they would like to see for the project. Most in attendance wanted market rate to upper rate housing. Over-55 housing was also preferred. Matt was offered the opportunity to engage other residents by posing the question to the entire list serve. Matt will follow up if additional input is needed.

3. NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION: Nik Coates and Matt Monahan spoke to the PVA about the Revitalization Project and presentation to the Concord 20/20 board. They would like to offer the PVA the option of compiling the data of previous reports to create a single source report the City could use for attracting a developer for the Tannery and other potential development projects that will be coming in the future, i.e. Beade Electric Likewise, it would provide the PVA an Implementation Plan, ranking the various objectives the group would like to accomplish as well as time lines for completion

Kathy Bush motioned to support CNHRPC’s effort to seek funding from Concord 20/20 for Penacook Village Association with 3 goals in mind:

(a) To work with the City Staff to create an all encompassing report to be used for furthering development and economic growth in Penacook (b) including redevelopment of the tannery and (c) a possible recruitment or development of a grocery store and/or breakfast diner or restaurant. The motion was seconded by Terri Culjat. Motion passed unanimously.

Nik and Matt will return to the Concord 20/20 Board for follow up in December or January.

4. UPCOMING EVENTS:

PENACOOK TREE LIGHTING:
The Penacook Historic Society will host an Ornament Making event from 3 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 29 at the Rolfe House. The ornaments will be placed on the Holiday Tree at the tree Lighting Ceremony being held later the same day, at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Penacook.

5. TASK FORCE ASSIGNMENTS:

a) ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE: Kathy Bush presented a letter from Attorney Steven Whitley regarding the differences between a 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 non-profit status along with his recommendation to form a 501(c)3. After thorough review, Kathy Bush motioned the Penacook Village Association become a formal 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The motion was seconded by Sumner Goldman. Motion approved.

b) BY LAWS/ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION and BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Attendees agreed to recommend and/or nominated participants to serve on the Board of Directors. The group must have 5 people step forward to serve. Nominations and volunteers will be selected at the December meeting. Kathy will work on developing Articles of Agreement. By Laws will also have to be created to define the membership and voting privileges.

c) MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE:

* The group will hold off on a Community Survey pending the results of the funding request between CNHRPC and Concord 20/20. The group also agreed to continue holding the Slogan Contest to correspond with the Community Survey.

* The text revisions for the Brochure are also on hold. Jennifer is still waiting for the recommended changes to the History portion of the brochure.

The next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. at Rolfe House. Meeting adjourned at 11:30 a.m.

Back to Meeting Notes and Bulletins
To Top 
To involve citizens in enhancing the quality of life, protecting the historic character, and fostering economic vitality in Penacook Village.
To contact the Association, please use the Contact Us button Contact Us found on every page.