- The collection of 10,000 items includes something for everyone and items are rotated from the main branch frequently to keep the collection fresh.
- There is a large selection of children's picture books.
- There is a small reference collection and circulating encyclopedias as well.
- Books on CD are now available. The selection of DVDs available changes monthly.
- Magazines may be checked out for one week.
- Wireless Internet access is available, as well as a desktop computer and a laptop computer with word processing and Internet access. Printing from the computers is also possible for 15 cents per page.
- A photocopier is available and photocopies cost 15 cents per page.
- Music is available on compact disc.
Reciprocal borrowing and lending with the main library is available through the library's online computer system. Reserves may be placed online with your active library card number and PIN number. Please be sure to check with the main library for information not available at the branch.
All borrowed materials may be returned in the bookdrop in the front of the Penacook building when the library is not open. This includes materials checked out at the main library.
Books can also be donated in memory or in honor of a special someone.
The Friends the Penacook Branch Library provide additional support for the Branch by hosting the Summer Reading Club, tea parties, holiday craft programs and other children's programs. They also hold a book sale.
A book discussion group meets monthly at the library. Contact the branch librarian for information about the group and meeting time.
For information, call the branch librarian at 603-753-4441.